Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Are Blue Eyed People Psychic?


Eyes are the window to soul according to some. To others they can show health or disease. The crinkles and crows feet framing the eyes and scorned by so many and removed by the rich and famous are indicators of happiness and a full life.


Eye color can change regionally, and genetics is king when it comes to how the color is determined.

Blue eyed men prefer blue eyed women, and eyes can range in color from almost white blue to black.




But does the color of your eyes mean anything? Are brown eyed people healthier and more robust? A study by Medical News Today shows that we tend to find people with brown eyes to be more trustworthy. Brown eyed people may be able to see better than light eyed people also.  The darker the eyes, the more light is absorbed as light waves pass through the eye, and the less light is available to reflect within the eye. Light reflection (scatter) within the eye can cause susceptibility to glare (eg. sun or headlights) and to poor contrast discernment. (Quarks, Quirks and Quips, 2007)




On the other side of the coin, light eyed people may have a better ability to discern color and subtleties within shades and depths. Some think that the lighter and clearer the iris of the eye appears, the healthier and more clear thinking, and possibly intuitive a person is. A woman in Hawaii chose a raw diet, and over the course of several months saw her eyes change from a soft dark brown to a sparkling and vibrant green. Watch here: http://youtu.be/pSPU4fCfyzc





Some eyes have speckles or dots, and some people have two different color eyes. David Bowie not only has one blue eye and one green eye, but also an eternally dilated pupil from a childhood tussle.

The range of eye colors is endless, and it is said that no two eye colors are exactly the same. Some think the eyes are representative of personality and mood, a bit like horoscopes. For instance, it is said that:

*Brown eyed people tend to be strong and grounded and like the simple things in life. They are easy to be around, popular, and close to family and friends.

*Green eyed people tend to be vibrant and filled with a youthful energy. They are connected to the earth and all its creatures. Creative and loving, they are compassionate and interesting.

*People with black eyes can be very striking. They are said to be secretive, intuitive, and may have an interest in magic or mysticism. Black eyes can look sinister, beautiful, and everything in between.

*Folks with blue eyes are said to be energized by the sky, water, and electricity. Lightning storms might fascinate or freak them. Affected by mood and atmosphere, they are sensitive and easily tired.

*Hazel eyes may be a combination of all the colors, and may have a bit of each personality type. They are physically strong and may be the life of the party. Organized and clear thinking, they are idea people yet grounded.

*A few individuals have grey eyes and may be forward thinkers. They live more for the future and sacrifice happiness in the here and now for a better life down the line. They may be hard on themselves but caring to others.

*Amber or gold eyed people are accomplishment driven, and can focus very well when needed on a task. Magnetic and interesting, they can also lose their temper quickly.


A bit of fun? Maybe. But not far from the truth for some.

Eyes can delight us, seduce us, and even terrify us...and sometimes induce a combination of all three. In the tale of Dracula we are riveted by his eyes, and while drowning in their hypnotic gaze we are willingly overtaken by his blood lust.  As a child I was not afraid of Frankenstein, Godzilla, or even Jack the Ripper, but anything on television or in a book with glowing or sinister eyes did me in.
I was afraid to look out the window for fear of seeing someone under the streetlight staring into my window with a subtle smile and shining yellow eyes.

An average everyday picture can be turned into something creepy and memorable with just slight alterations to the eyes. Think about all the photos you have seen with red eye from the flash. Everyone looks slightly possessed.
The smiling boy on the box of Farina becomes a Children of the Corn horror when his eyes are whited out or turned blood red.  Our eyes give us away, also. We can all remember having a conversation with someone who was smiling and happy and telling us all the things we want to hear, but their eyes were telling us an entirely different story.

Liars give themselves away by not making eye contact during a conversation, or by various other eye motions. Read about them all here:   http://www.blifaloo.com/info/lies_eyes.php

EFT, or Emotional Freedom Technique, is an emotional version of acupuncture that does not use needles, but instead uses a series of eye motion and tapping on body meridians to release blocks and anxieties and balance emotional disturbances. Homeopathy, acupuncture, acupressure, and other practices treat the bodies maladies and can sometimes be painful and time consuming. EFT is portable, easy to learn, and it works. It can be used to help with fears, anxieties, PTSD, and many other troubles. Read here:  http://www.blifaloo.com/info/lies_eyes.php

Eyes tell stories, calm babies and animals, induce fear, and show love. Some eyes reveal everything, and some can't be explained. I have a creepy story...my sister took a picture of my son in a local diner when he was about ten. We were both looking at him as the camera clicked. When we looked at the picture his eyes were covered in an odd film, kind of like lids but not quite. It made him look slightly spooky, and my sis and I looked at each other and shrugged. She took another picture and it that one was fine. She went back to erase the first creepy pic and noticed the film was gone, but his eyes were now black. We could never figure what happened, and still wonder to this day. I guess some eyes are unexplainable...

I would love to hear any eye related stories you may have. :)



14 comments:

  1. The Farina box is freaking me out ... just thought I'd mention that. That kid looks more possessed than the last picture! My whole family has brown eyes. I like that this means we're trustworthy!! All in all - very interesting. A lot of stuff I didn't know. Little side note - my son who has ADHD goes into terrible tantrum fits sometimes and the only way to calm him is to look into his eyes and say "it's okay, breathe, take a deep breath". Occassionally I will also stroke his hair while doing this, but mostly just the eye contact helps to calm him down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jess!
    That Farina kid...I scratched the eyes off of a box when I was in school and it freaked out everyone in the house, including me. Figured I'd recreate it just for fun :)
    Interesting about your son, it's like it focuses him and brings him back...very cool.
    Thanks for commenting :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why would you scratch the Farina kid's eyes out? What did he every do to you - LMAO!!!!

    That's exactly what it does - it focuses him. He also sleep walks, but since I don't think he's really "seeing" when he sleep walks there is not much I can do about that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahaa!! I also scratched in fangs and gave my sister nightmares for a week. She's easy though...
      Oh jeez sleepwalking! I never knew I was a sleepwalker until I woke standing in the kitchen when my phone rang in the middle of the night. Creepy stuff.
      Actually the creepiest part was that it was an old boyfriend calling at 1am...WTH...

      Delete
  4. very cool post you wrote here Penelope! i love it.

    i really don't know why people get a kick out of scratching the eyes from boxes, magazines, etc. it's creepy just like those portraits that have eyes that seem to follow you everywhere. i have to give credit to the artist though it freaks me out lol!

    by the way, i have dark brown eyes and i can see better in the dark! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always happy to creep you out Ao! :D
    Now the fact that you can see BETTER in the dark is amazing to me...and also a little spooky!! Interesting, I saw a vid not too long ago about a little boy who could see in the pitch dark, and his eyes would kind of glow too. Cool stuff.
    Glad you stopped by...I'm glad I know about your Super Vision.

    ReplyDelete
  6. During healngs client's eyes change colour. The most noticeable was blue to an orange brown. They stayed like that for 10 minutes. Heaings also make eye colour brighter. I've worked with hospice patients and the milky cloud in their eyes have disappeared. Pupils have also changed shape.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG Simon. How do you respond when that kind of thing happens? I would think it would be AMAZING to witness. My mother used to say she could tell when I was getting a fever because my eyes would look turquoise, and she was always right. But I think the pupils changing shape might scare me a bit. Do they revert back?
    So glad you commented Simon, happy for your input.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The kid on the Farina box has always creeped me out. Always.

    I've got brown eyes and am actually quite sensitive to bright lights and glare. Wear my sunglasses out of doors during daylight hours, even when it's raining.

    Hmmm, what else have I got...Oh yeah: if I remember my facts correctly, you know a person's into you when s/he locks eyes with you and holds the gaze for about 8 seconds. If her/his pupils are also dilated, you're in like Flynn.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Blog: Some Dark Romantic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That Farina kid!
      Yep...even creepy without the white eyes.
      So they are into you after 8 seconds...or want to kill you and are trying to figure how :P
      Just kidding...mostly.
      Love when you come by Mina.
      :)

      Delete
    2. Lusty thoughts, murderous thoughts...what's the difference, really?

      ;-)

      Delete
  9. I have quite blue eyes, which always look bluer when a picture is taken of me...or at least they seem that way to me. I've always had lots of compliments on my eyes...a striking blue with a darker edge to them...not sure if this makes me more psychic or not, but I guess I've always thought of myself as a little bit. Maybe that's just wishful thinking...LOL

    Great post, Pen!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooo your eyes sound gorgeous!! As you can see I have a bit of an obsession with them. Post a pic!!
      And as for the psychic thing, if we are to believe the woman who said her eyes got lighter from eating better, who knows...maybe there is something to the light eyes/psychic thing...
      I think it's true!!
      XO

      Delete

I would LOVE to know what you think. All spam or comments with links will be deleted.