September is a funny month. We are mourning summer and fearing winter. Then October comes. Something clicks and we embrace a new season. We are now allowed to be evil and tricky. We can reveal a side of ourselves out that we hide all year.
The moon seems different, bigger somehow, and more willing to highlight the things that go bump in the night.
There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery. ~Joseph Conrad
We come to love the shivery nip in the air and relish in any haunted tales we happen to hear. We decorate our houses with glowing pumpkins, bats and skeletons, and look for ways to frighten each other. Transforming into tricky hobgoblins, we jump out from behind doors in the dark with flashlights under our chins. As the last harvest withers, we quicken before the final leaf drops.
October is delightful and scary, our final spooky hurrah before winter crashes in.
The above link is the official Haunted Happenings site for Salem Massachusetts.
- FREE Sample from 100 Unfortunate Days
- FREE Sample from ABSORBED
- FREE Sample from The Daughter of Nostradamus. It's DARK.
- PICS, PAGES, and EXTRAS. Click below.
- Haunted Candle, Demon, and The Lady ~ PHOTOS
- 100 Unfortunate Days ~ Read Here
- My Next Big Thing!
- This is NOT a Photo!! Unreal Photorealism
- Witches Mojito, A Delicious Concoction with an Extra Dash of Moonlight
- 5 Star Review of 100 UNFORTUNATE DAYS by GOTH MOM (Lite!)
- LISTEN to an excerpt from 100 UNFORTUNATE DAYS here.
- THIS IS A PAINTING!
- Etsy Haunts