- FREE Sample from 100 Unfortunate Days
- FREE Sample from ABSORBED
- FREE Sample from The Daughter of Nostradamus. It's DARK.
- PICS, PAGES, and EXTRAS. Click below.
- Haunted Candle, Demon, and The Lady ~ PHOTOS
- 100 Unfortunate Days ~ Read Here
- My Next Big Thing!
- This is NOT a Photo!! Unreal Photorealism
- Witches Mojito, A Delicious Concoction with an Extra Dash of Moonlight
- 5 Star Review of 100 UNFORTUNATE DAYS by GOTH MOM (Lite!)
- LISTEN to an excerpt from 100 UNFORTUNATE DAYS here.
- THIS IS A PAINTING!
- Etsy Haunts
Saturday, February 2, 2013
Six Word Stories
His six-word story read: "For sale: baby shoes, never worn."
Smith Magazine decided to be like Hemingway and ask their readers to come up with six-word memoirs about themselves, and the results were overwhelming. The first collection of over 1,000 responses was put into a book entitled Not Quite What I Was Planning: Six-Word Memoirs from Writers Famous & Obscure, and contained quotes from the likes of Deepak Chopra, Moby and many other celebrities. It also became a New York Times bestseller.
This was followed by Not Quite What I Was Planning: Six-Word Memoirs from Writers Famous & Obscure, Smith released Six-Word Memoirs on Love & Heartbreak, and I Can't Keep My Own Secrets--Six-Word Memoirs by Teens: Famous & Obscure.
We are now a world of 140 spaces and quick information, our attention spans being reduced as the methods of spreading information reduces the size of the world.
Yet somehow this, possibly the tiniest of all personal diaries, makes us slow down and look.
We quickly learn about one another, and the impersonal world of fast information is somehow made personal again.
Here is my Six Word Memoir: My soul is not my fault.
I hope you will leave your own Six Word Memoir in the comments.
Here are some of the latest from the Smith Magazine site:
My groundhog plans to sleep in.
Followed my gut and got lost.
I'm a bad influence on myself.
I am looking forward to reading your Six Word Memoirs!!