I was thinking of my New Year's resolutions and things I would like to do differently in 2012. I was thinking how I could be a better person and what I could do for others. I was also thinking what I would wish for in 2012.
Of course I would like world peace, and an end to disease and hunger. I wish for those things without even thinking any more.
But I found myself thinking in a new direction this New Year's eve. I had my eyes screwed shut and I was wishing like a five year old right before blowing out the candles on a birthday cake. I wanted stuff for ME.
I thought of a bigger house, a very sparkly pair of diamond hoop earrings, and a never-ending pass to a spa for pedicures and massages. I want my son to do wonderfully in school, to have a peaceful relationship with my husband, to have a successful writing career, and my pets to vanish. While we are at it, I would love someone to cook for me.
I am not a terrible person, it just felt so good to think about myself for a change. And I let myself revel about this without feeling guilty. It was great.
I pondered this for a while. I still want the bigger picture--no more war and hunger and pain, but maybe I will put my own wishes back in the picture just a little bit. I think it is OK to conjure up some of that five year old magic for ourselves sometimes.
What would be your three wishes?
(Please visit my new blog and help with the Eclectic Reader Challenge of 2012 http://www.penelopecrowereads.blogspot.com/ ) :)
- FREE Sample from 100 Unfortunate Days
- FREE Sample from ABSORBED
- FREE Sample from The Daughter of Nostradamus. It's DARK.
- PICS, PAGES, and EXTRAS. Click below.
- Haunted Candle, Demon, and The Lady ~ PHOTOS
- 100 Unfortunate Days ~ Read Here
- My Next Big Thing!
- This is NOT a Photo!! Unreal Photorealism
- Witches Mojito, A Delicious Concoction with an Extra Dash of Moonlight
- 5 Star Review of 100 UNFORTUNATE DAYS by GOTH MOM (Lite!)
- LISTEN to an excerpt from 100 UNFORTUNATE DAYS here.
- THIS IS A PAINTING!
- Etsy Haunts