I'm organizing my bathing suits, clothes, makeup and snacks to head to the beach for the weekend.
Normally this is something I look forward to so much that there are a few days I can think of nothing else. Sitting near the blue ocean with a book and a cool drink in the breeze intoxicates me and calls like a relentless telemarketer.
Not this year.
I'm thinking of the pictures I need to draw for a book I am releasing. The short stories in my head are shuffling around. And marketing and advertizing is on my mind.
This is WORK.
And I completely and totally love it.
I've had jobs I've liked before. I've had jobs I had a talent for. But nothing before THIS has happily consumed my life. I write creepy stories and draw pictures that are equally odd. I also get to indulge my inner-child by writing for kid's.
I am not making enough money to support my family yet, but things are slowly moving in the right direction.
Of course being an author is not for everyone. Neither is being an artist and drawing picutres all day. But it IS for me, and every single day I am grateful that I can do it. It also makes me hope that I am raising my son in a way that will allow him to do what he loves, and get paid for it.
You know that little voice, the one that says go do that thing...whatever that thing is for you, go do it. Even if you only have 15 minutes a day to spare, DO THAT THING. Your thing.
Of course I'll have fun at the beach with my family. The ocean will be salty, blue, and inviting. But for the very first time, I will be just as happy to come home and get back to my job.
So listen to that tiny voice, maybe someday you won't want to go on vacation either. :)
- FREE Sample from 100 Unfortunate Days
- FREE Sample from ABSORBED
- FREE Sample from The Daughter of Nostradamus. It's DARK.
- PICS, PAGES, and EXTRAS. Click below.
- Haunted Candle, Demon, and The Lady ~ PHOTOS
- 100 Unfortunate Days ~ Read Here
- My Next Big Thing!
- This is NOT a Photo!! Unreal Photorealism
- Witches Mojito, A Delicious Concoction with an Extra Dash of Moonlight
- 5 Star Review of 100 UNFORTUNATE DAYS by GOTH MOM (Lite!)
- LISTEN to an excerpt from 100 UNFORTUNATE DAYS here.
- THIS IS A PAINTING!
- Etsy Haunts