I published my first book, 100 Unfortunate Days, one month ago.
The book was written from a dark place, the darkest corner we all find ourselves in sometimes and feel we can't get out of. It is about a bad marriage, the sometimes awful experience of having children, and other areas that women sometimes don't discuss or admit. It was written at a feverish pace, and though not about me exactly, much of the book contains my own experiences and feelings. Stephen King said that all of the characters he writes about are at least partially him. We can't help it--everything we do and think and feel is from our personal perspective.
Although the narrator of my book is unstable and more than a little crazy, I found writing in her voice to be better than years of therapy. It made me think of the advice we so often hear in magazines or from friends when something or someone bothers us--write a letter you never plan to send.
Maybe we should write letters we DO plan on sending--not only to the person who has upset us--but to everyone else, too. Write in your blog, or in a magazine. We can get validation, or support, or maybe even a scolding if we deserve it--but at least the problem will no longer be only our own. Write anonymously, or under a pen name.
Maybe if we stop trying to change ourselves we will be able to write more of the truth.
- FREE Sample from 100 Unfortunate Days
- FREE Sample from ABSORBED
- FREE Sample from The Daughter of Nostradamus. It's DARK.
- PICS, PAGES, and EXTRAS. Click below.
- Haunted Candle, Demon, and The Lady ~ PHOTOS
- 100 Unfortunate Days ~ Read Here
- My Next Big Thing!
- This is NOT a Photo!! Unreal Photorealism
- Witches Mojito, A Delicious Concoction with an Extra Dash of Moonlight
- 5 Star Review of 100 UNFORTUNATE DAYS by GOTH MOM (Lite!)
- LISTEN to an excerpt from 100 UNFORTUNATE DAYS here.
- THIS IS A PAINTING!
- Etsy Haunts