I have written several books in the last year, a few of them very dark. One of the books, 100 Unfortunate Days, was called by a dear friend "a sure sign that you are a lunatic".
I laughed this off at first because the book is certainly not about me, but the voice kept returning, and I wondered if my writing did indeed prove that I was at least partly nuts.
After looking up articles from authors including J.K.Rowling, I not only felt better about my mental health, but about my writing in general. It made me think we all have a story to tell, and we writers choose to tell ours in words. There are endless ways to be ourselves, and if we have a dark side that needs to be talked about, incorporating it in a story can be a wonderful thing.
I suddenly have more respect for people who have different passions: mountain climbing, sky-diving, singing, cooking, or any one of the millions of ways we experience our own lives. We're going through our #%@ in our own ways. Good for us. Find your thing and do it...as soon as you can. :)
Article on J.K.Rowling and how she began writing.
100 Unfortunate Days -------------->
- FREE Sample from 100 Unfortunate Days
- FREE Sample from ABSORBED
- FREE Sample from The Daughter of Nostradamus. It's DARK.
- PICS, PAGES, and EXTRAS. Click below.
- Haunted Candle, Demon, and The Lady ~ PHOTOS
- 100 Unfortunate Days ~ Read Here
- My Next Big Thing!
- This is NOT a Photo!! Unreal Photorealism
- Witches Mojito, A Delicious Concoction with an Extra Dash of Moonlight
- 5 Star Review of 100 UNFORTUNATE DAYS by GOTH MOM (Lite!)
- LISTEN to an excerpt from 100 UNFORTUNATE DAYS here.
- THIS IS A PAINTING!
- Etsy Haunts