I was tweeting with a fellow author today and I remarked that I loved her avatar. She told me it was her alter ego. I responded by saying I thought everyone needed an alter ego. And I meant it.
I don't mean alter ego in terms of dissociative identity disorder, or even leading a completely double life. I was referring to a second-self, another side of us that we use in certain situations.
Although I don't have an alter ego like Superman, writing under a different name allows me the freedom to be as dark and twisted as I want. I don't have to worry about my name being attached to horror, and then try to sell a children's book under my real name.
And I like having an alter ego. It kinda makes me feel cool--which is not what I am.
Please read about me, my books, and my alter ego in Laura Yirak's blog Dreams of Diamonds.
- FREE Sample from 100 Unfortunate Days
- FREE Sample from ABSORBED
- FREE Sample from The Daughter of Nostradamus. It's DARK.
- PICS, PAGES, and EXTRAS. Click below.
- Haunted Candle, Demon, and The Lady ~ PHOTOS
- 100 Unfortunate Days ~ Read Here
- My Next Big Thing!
- This is NOT a Photo!! Unreal Photorealism
- Witches Mojito, A Delicious Concoction with an Extra Dash of Moonlight
- 5 Star Review of 100 UNFORTUNATE DAYS by GOTH MOM (Lite!)
- LISTEN to an excerpt from 100 UNFORTUNATE DAYS here.
- THIS IS A PAINTING!
- Etsy Haunts