My short story, Henry and Greta, is a modern take on Hansel and Gretel, with a Christmas twist thrown in for Kim Koning's Holiday Hop contest.
I wanted to write a modern fairy tale...I wanted it to be magic.
In the story the mysterious Mr. Kris with his eight barking dogs has a book store in the Waldorf Astoria. He has a journal from DaVinci, and the first editions of Dracula by Bram Stoker and Animal Farm by George Orwell. Ahhhh...to have such a bookstore...
And back to real life...
The day after Christmas my doorbell rang. I told my smiling dad to come in. He handed me a bag. I removed two carefully wrapped books--Dracula by Bram Stoker and Animal Farm by George Orwell. Touched that he read my story, I thanked him. Then he told me they were both first editions...
Really?! Come on...
I asked him where he got them, and when. He told me he has had them for a while, and thought I would like them...
I LOVE them.
I think the story DOES have a little magic...
Please read my story, Henry and Greta at Kim Koning's blog.
Thanks Dad :)
- FREE Sample from 100 Unfortunate Days
- FREE Sample from ABSORBED
- FREE Sample from The Daughter of Nostradamus. It's DARK.
- PICS, PAGES, and EXTRAS. Click below.
- Haunted Candle, Demon, and The Lady ~ PHOTOS
- 100 Unfortunate Days ~ Read Here
- My Next Big Thing!
- This is NOT a Photo!! Unreal Photorealism
- Witches Mojito, A Delicious Concoction with an Extra Dash of Moonlight
- 5 Star Review of 100 UNFORTUNATE DAYS by GOTH MOM (Lite!)
- LISTEN to an excerpt from 100 UNFORTUNATE DAYS here.
- THIS IS A PAINTING!
- Etsy Haunts