I was having a conversation with some women not too long ago about Botox and cosmetic surgery. Being almost 50, we all have things that we wish were more like they were when we were 20.
But I stated that I would never had plastic surgery, and doubted that I would ever use Botox. First of all, I'm not the healthiest person on earth so I would avoid any kind of unecessary medical procedure, and second, needles just make me more than a little queasy. I don't even want to go to the dentist.
I also think I've seen enough plastic surgery mistakes that I would be too afraid. And many people end up getting the same type of look. I don't know if it's that very big puffy lip thing that makes many look alike--but I'm not sure I like it. Most of the time people still look the age they actually are, just smoother and tighter. And I don't want to look like everyone. I have also seen people look less wrinkled, have wider-looking eyes, and less of a double chin after plastic surgery.
Yes I have wrinkles and crows feet, and my neck isn't perfectly tight anymore, but this is the way I look, and there is something graceful and wonderful about how we age. We have earned every one of our lines, and I think there is something sad about taking that away.
There is also some part of me that wonders at what age can we stop worrying about gaining five pounds, and just RELAX. I don't think people look at us and think--yikes--she needs Botox! And if they do I don't want to hang around with them anyway...
Like I said, I've seem good and bad plastic surgeries, and everyone will make their own choices. But for me...I choose no.
- FREE Sample from 100 Unfortunate Days
- FREE Sample from ABSORBED
- FREE Sample from The Daughter of Nostradamus. It's DARK.
- PICS, PAGES, and EXTRAS. Click below.
- Haunted Candle, Demon, and The Lady ~ PHOTOS
- 100 Unfortunate Days ~ Read Here
- My Next Big Thing!
- This is NOT a Photo!! Unreal Photorealism
- Witches Mojito, A Delicious Concoction with an Extra Dash of Moonlight
- 5 Star Review of 100 UNFORTUNATE DAYS by GOTH MOM (Lite!)
- LISTEN to an excerpt from 100 UNFORTUNATE DAYS here.
- THIS IS A PAINTING!
- Etsy Haunts